Is It Time To Outsource Your IT Services?
Just the other day, IT was a new and vague concept; and now, it’s at the center of every business operation. For your organization to survive and grow, you need to be at the forefront of the latest technologies.
IT is evolving and advancing fast enough to give you the right tools for each job. However, this also means that you need someone to keep track of and update these tools as they come. And if you don’t keep up with the latest technologies, your competition definitely will. As much as you are in the modern workspace, regardless of your enterprise’s scope or industry, you must always be at the forefront of these advancements. All this requires administration, time, and more resources.
Can You Manage Your IT by Yourself?
Nobody starts a business to worry about technology. However, sometimes, circumstances may force you to be the “IT Guy,” especially if your organization is still small. And that’s if you are lucky enough to have some background knowledge and experience. Even so, you will realize that IT is complicated and quite time-consuming — you have to set aside at least 40 hours/week.
Assuming you’re playing the technician’s role because you’re short of staff or running on a low budget, this means that you still have to attend to your clients and support other workers. If this is already challenging for a small company, how worse can it be as your business grows and its support needs advance?
I’m sure you wouldn’t want a “call-on-demand” technician to handle your network. They wouldn’t understand your systems well enough to implement the best solutions. The other option is to have an internal IT department with salaried specialists. While this frees you up, it’s quite expensive. An IT specialist takes home about $51,838/year as a basic salary; you could need up to 10 or so experts, depending on your company’s size. You also have to give them allowances, buy and maintain software licenses and hardware, and regularly update them.
How Do You Know It’s The Right Time to Outsource IT Support for Your Organization? The truth is that outsourcing IT services management is always the best and most cost-effective option for small- and medium-sized enterprises and even larger companies. However, it can be challenging to know if it’s the right time to make this big move.
That’s why tcasynertech identified these five key indicators:
- Do You Feel That You or Your IT Staff Is Limited in Size or Expertise? — IT is a vast concept that keeps on evolving by the day. You or just a handful of experts in your in-house IT department cannot have all the requisite expertise or keep up with these changes. You also cannot continue calling an IT guy every time your internal team is overwhelmed; it’s expensive and less effective.
- Do You Want to Free Your Staff for More business-centered Roles? — As pointed out earlier, the management of IT requires full-time dedication. Are you feeling that sometimes your employees are too preoccupied with handling IT issues at the expense of serving your clients? If so, then you need to outsource IT services.
- Are You Worried About Data Security? — Outsourcing cybersecurity to a reliable company gives you access to tested and proven IT professionals. They understand patterns of breaches and hacks, what to be on the lookout for, and how to avert threats. Can you say that about the individuals currently managing your IT?
- Do You Need Your IT to Scale With Your Business? — As your business grows, your IT support needs to grow with it. In most cases, you or your staff will not be able to respond adequately to these changes. Are you comfortable using the same old solutions to address a totally different set of needs?
- Do You Want More Experienced IT Personnel? — An in-house team’s experience is only limited to its encounters with handling your systems. Their solutions may not be as good as those delivered by personnel who’ve dealt with several other corporate networks.
If you find yourself in any of the above situations, it’s high time you outsourced IT services. This change may look too big and scary, but it doesn’t have to be if you’re working with the best IT company in West Michigan, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, South Bend, and Michiana. tcasynertech has been the go-to provider of outsourced IT services in these localities since 1997.
Are You Ready to Outsource IT Services? Get in Touch with us now, and begin your experience with industry-leading IT solutions.